Sunday, February 10, 2008

9? DPO...and STILL NADA!

Perhaps what will turn out to be remarkable about this cycle is that NOTHING is remarkable about this cycle. At all.

My BBs are a little sore, but THAT'S IT. No other IPS. Most other months, I find 3-5 things that I hang onto to convince myself that I have a chance that month, but this month? Totally nada.

I don't even feel confident with how many DPO I am! With the disagreement between my CM, my temps, and my CBEFM readings, I could feasibly be 7, 8, or 9 DPO today...consider what FF says:

  • Using the ADVANCED method, FF says that CD 21=9 DPO. The explanation of this method claims that it takes into account ALL fertility signs, but really, I think it's looking at my temp rise on CD 13 and the fact that my last day of EWCM was on CD 12. (If I switch to the FERTILITY AWARENESS method, it also says that CD 21=9 DPO. The explanation on this method focuses entirely on temps.)
  • Using the RESEARCH method, FF says that CD 21 = 8 DPO. The explanation of this method claims that it takes into account all new discoveries in cycle patterns and can be unstable because it is constantly changing.
  • Using the OPK/MONITOR method, FF says that CD 21 = 7 DPO. This method looks primarily at the results of any OPKs you take or your PEAK readings on the CBEFM...and specifically, centers O on the second PEAK.
Reading more, FF recommends the ADVANCED method as most reliable, even when using a CBEFM. It does recommend, however, that if there is any discrepancy between the O date among the various methods, to use the latest one to determine the best date to test.

So...9 DPO would equal testing on 2/14; 8 DPO would equal testing on 2/15; and 7 DPO would equal testing on 2/16. I'm just realized that NO method recommends testing on 2/17; I'm so superstitious on that date, as it was my LMP from my miscarriage last spring.

What to do, what to do? Well...I had a promising temperature jump this morning...perhaps that could mean that I'll have a triphasic chart. If my temps the next few mornings support that and stay high, I will go ahead and test on 2/14. If this morning's temp was a fluke and it goes back down to around what it's been for the past couple days, I'll take it as a sign to wait until 2/15. And if it drops and stays low, I'll probably blow off 2/16 and wait until 2/18 to make sure AF isn't screwing with me.

What do ya'll think?




K @ ourboxofrain said...

I think your plan sounds very reasonable and rational -- impressive :) Don't forget though that it could still be too early to test on the 14th, so don't get discouraged if it's negative -- the average date for a first + hpt is 13dpo. I hope your chart goes triphasic!

Future Mommy said...

Oh, boy, do I hope so, too. But I just don't think it's gonna happen. I don't know...I'm at the point in my cycle where I'm already losing hope. ARGH!