Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Unquenchable Thirst

I'm not really a big fan of water. There, I said it. I'm a terrible person. I hate drinking water.

But I've been as mindful as possible to drink as much water or water-based products (aka flavored water) in the past few months for Bunny's sake.

Recently, it's been backfiring on me. For the past few weeks, the more water I drink, the thirstier I get. Can you explain to me how that's possible? I haven't increased my caffeine intake (2 sodas per day), my milk intake, my salt intake, nothing. But the more water I drink, the more parched I feel. In fact, if I drink water before bed, forget it! I wake up so dry in the morning that I have to unglue my tongue from my teeth!

What in the heck? In my travels through Dr. Google, I have found resources that simply say to drink more water. Apparently I haven't made myself clear. The more I drink, the thirstier I get. I'm serious. I had one day where I think I consumed 30 glasses of water. I was still thirsty. So drinking more water is not the solution.

Other resources say that an unquenchable thirst could be a symptom of gestational diabetes. Mmm. Don't know on that one. Haven't done my little glucose test yet. But haven't seen any other diabetic-like symptoms.

So what's the deal? Anyone else experience this? It's getting worse as time passes. I can't wait to see Dr. S. on Monday so I can ask her what's up!!

~FM~

No comments: