Sunday, June 29, 2008

23w1d: 6 days to VIABILITY!

Ok, I know that's a silly countdown. But everything I've read says that a baby's chance of survival if born extremely early begins to increase dramatically at 24 weeks. In fact, before 24 weeks, there's very little chance of survival at all.

We're soooooo close to 24 weeks. In fact, if Bunny is still growing fast, she's likely at 24 weeks in size already.

But I'll tell you what: I am going to breathe easier come next Saturday. It's not that I want little Miss Catherine to come early. She needs to stay in there as long as possible, contrary to her efforts to kick her way out of me. But it will make my heart greatly relax to know that should something happen, our chances are so much better as of then.

Here's this week's stats:

Weight: 130 pounds (I lost 5 pounds while in PA...more on that later)
Waist: 33 inches
Boobs: 36 inches
Hips: 37 inches

A VERY SPECIAL congratulations to Nicole over at A New Beginning. Her baby girl was born a week ago on June 20th, while I was away! Yay for baby!

No comments: