Saturday, June 7, 2008

20w0d: Midway!

Dear Bunny,

It's been quite awhile since I've written to you instead of posting updates for the gals who visit my site, but reaching this momentous halfway point just gives me so many thoughts that I want to share with you!

First of all, Bunny, thanks for bearing with me when I couldn't distinguish your movements from gas pains! Silly FM! But in the two weeks since I've been able to tell for sure that you're punching and kicking and head-butting and butt-bumping, I've fallen in love with you ever so much more. You're really in there! I've got so many days when I still find that so hard to believe. After so long of having so little hope, there you are...ready to kick the crap out of Mommy's tummy at 3 AM! :-)

Second of all, Bunny, I owe you an apology. We still don't have a name for you! I really thought we would by now. Turns out that a favorite combination was *just* used by one of my cousins' for his child. Ack! Can't repeat it so soon! And every time your Daddy and I try to trim down the list, we end up with more options instead of less!

And finally, Bunny, I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate that you were kicking hard enough last night for Daddy to be able to feel you. Do you have any idea how excited he was because of that? All I've heard for the last day is how you "kicked for Daddy." Yay for you, Bunny. Keep kicking!

Halfway down...it's really just unbelievable. Sometimes, when I haven't felt you move for a few hours, I start poking my tummy because I'm worried that if I can't feel you, something is wrong. And I desperately, desperately, desperately don't want anything to be wrong with you. I love you so much.

Let's share with the wonderful visitors we get on this blog some of Mommy's stats to-date:
  • Pre-pregnancy weight: 100 lbs.
  • Current weight: 125 lbs. (GASP!)
  • Pre-pregnancy waist: 24 in.
  • Current waist: 33 in.
  • Pre-pregnancy boobs: 32 in.
  • Current boobs: 36 in. (YAHOO!)
  • Pre-pregnancy hips: 34 in.
  • Current hips: 36 in.
  • Pre-pregnancy resting heart rate: ~80
  • Current RHR: 115 (my endo won't put me back on beta blockers unless this exceeds 130 so we don't hurt Bunny's heart rate)
  • Pre-pregnancy blood pressure: 110/75 (with the aid of beta blockers)
  • Current blood pressure: 130/82 (yeah, that top number is creeping up...fingers crossed)
So all-in-all, we're doing ok. Heart rate and BP are creeping up a bit...they've been a bit higher each week since I stopped taking my beta blockers about six weeks ago. I still have a pretty good ways to go before either my heart rate or BP really hit the red zone, though, so in the meantime, I'm doing everything I can to take it easy and work in moderation.

On that end, I've begun weight training again. I found a routine of modified supersets that was developed specifically for pregnant women and it seems to be a good find. Unfortunately, I got sick as a dog Thursday morning and so missed my second gym session this week. I'm working my way back towards feeling better, so perhaps I'll get in session #2 this weekend. I felt 7 million times better to have worked out, and the great part is that weight training really doesn't affect my heart rate or BP...I do a bit of bike at the beginning just to have some aerobic exercise in there, but it's mostly about the weights. The plan going forward is to get in two weight-based work-outs each week until I'm too far along to get through them, plus one swimming day each weekend, doing laps at the gym's pool. Fingers crossed that I can stick with that!

Alrighty, Bunny! These dear readers have better things to do than read more of my jabber, so let's you and I say good bye to them for now, and go cuddle in bed! Your furbrother, Frankie, loves draping himself over my tummy and feeling you kick - I swear that you're going to imprint more on his purring than on my heartbeat if he keeps spending so much time glued to you!! :-)

I love you, Bunny!

~FM~

2 comments:

Hilary (Maya Papaya) said...

Congrats on reaching the half-way point!!

K @ ourboxofrain said...

Congrats at getting to half-baked!